First Class Package International Service
What is USPS First Class Package International Service?
The US Postal Service’s First Class Mail International is an affordable way to send mail—including letters, bills and postcards—and small packages weighing four pounds or less to international destinations. Using First Class Mail International, deliveries generally take between 7–21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air or a combination of both.
If you are shipping small, inexpensive items such as books, health and beauty products, clothing, or accessories, First Class Mail International is the lowest cost option to ship your packages overseas. As a cost example, sending a 1-pound package from the United States to Cancun, Mexico would cost $36.81 by Priority Mail International, whereas it would only cost $19.71 to send by First Class Package International Service (Commercial Base rates).
Try us out for 4 weeks!Get $5 in free postage to use during your trial.
First Class Package International Service Pricing
First-Class Mail International pricing varies by destination. There are four different price categories:
- Group 1 (Canada) – Prices start at $22.23
- Group 2 (Mexico) – Prices start at $21.47
- Groups 3–5 (countries such as Australia, Germany, Great Britain, etc.) – Prices start at $25.18 and up
- Groups 6–9 (countries such as Taiwan, Brazil, Venezuela, etc.) – Prices start at $24.18 and up
Flats and packages may not exceed 64 ounces, and packages cannot be more than 24 inches long and 36 inches in combined dimensions.
How to Use First Class Package International Service
You do not need special USPS envelopes, packaging, or labels to use First-Class Mail International; simply prepare your letters, flats and packages as you would for domestic mail. This means that your return address—including the country—should go in the upper left corner, with the recipient’s address in the center. If you use Stamps.com, the software will enable you to print address labels from the convenience of your own home or office.
Before sending, you will need to make sure that the contents you are mailing are acceptable to send to the recipient’s country. You may do this by consulting the International Mail Manual online or at your post office. Stamps.com customers will be automatically notified of any restrictions.
You will also need to weigh your mailpiece to ensure that it does not exceed the weight limit for First-Class Mail International deliveries, and to calculate the cost of mailing. Stamps.com software will automatically perform the rate calculation based on package size, weight, and delivery destination.
If you are sending a flat or package you will need to fill out a customs form, which asks you to describe the contents and value of the package and indicate whether it is a gift or merchandise. You can obtain custom forms from your local post office and fill them out by hand. If you use Stamps.com, the software will automatically fill out your customs forms for you.
Benefits of using Stamps.com for First Class Package International Service
With Stamps.com’s software, international shipping is easier than ever! You can:
- Easily print money-saving First Class Package International Service labels for any package
- Save up to 44% compared to Priority Mail International for a 1 lb. package
- Fill out all of your needed customs forms directly through the Stamps.com interface—no need to travel to the post office to hunt for the forms or worry about forgetting forms.
- Consult the International Mail Manual right from the Stamps.com interface to avoid costly mistakes that could result in customs delays or even confiscations.
- Find and track packages right from our application with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Save up to 40% when you use Stamps.com International Insurance.
Free* 5 lb. Digital Scale with Sign-up
Every new customer account starts with:
- Free* 5 lb. Digital Scale with sign-up
- 4-week trial
- $5 in USPS postage to use in trial period
- USPS rate discounts you can’t get at the Post Office
- No long-term contracts, cancel anytime
- Only $19.99 per month plus applicable taxes, if any, including the first month if you stay past the 4-week trial
*pay only S&H fee