New Holiday NetStamps Bring Holiday Cheer to Mailboxes Everywhere
Stamps.com Offers Tips for Smooth Holiday Mailing and Shipping
SANTA MONICA, Calif, — November 20, 2003 – Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP – News), the leading online service for printing postage, today announced the introduction of Holiday NetStamps which feature five new designs to celebrate the holiday season. Additionally, the company is offering tips for consumers to save time and money on their holiday mailing and shipping.
“The ability to mail letters and ship packages without having to leave the home or office saves our customers a tremendous amount of time during the year, but even more so during the holidays,” said president and CEO Ken McBride. “It is an exciting time for us because, based upon projections of postage printing by our customers, we expect this holiday season to be the company’s largest in print volume.”
Stamps.com offers businesses and individuals the following tips for ensuring smooth mailing and shipping this holiday season:
- Ship early and save – By sending packages well in advance of the holiday rush, consumers can save money by taking advantage of more cost-effective mail classes that are available through Stamps.com such as Parcel Post®, Media Mail, or Bound Printed Matter. Stamps.com users are not limited by Post Office hours but, instead, can print postage anytime of the day, any day of the week at their convenience. Letters and packages created using Stamps.com can simply be handed to the postal carrier so there is no reason to procrastinate.
- Make your holiday mail stand out – Mailboxes fill up quickly during the holiday season, so make your mail stand out from the rest by creating a unique look for your cards and packages. Stamps.com’s new Holiday NetStamps create a festive look on any envelope or package that will be appreciated by the recipient.
- Verify package delivery – After sending a package, knowing that it has arrived can put the sender’s mind to rest. Stamps.com recommends adding Delivery Confirmation service, which allows the sender to confirm a package’s delivery status online. Stamps.com offers free Delivery Confirmation service to customers shipping via Priority Mail® and discounted confirmation services for other mail classes.
- Insure valuable packages – When sending expensive gifts or valuable items, buying insurance can save the sender thousands of dollars. Stamps.com makes it easy to buy insurance for any package through an online process that requires no forms to complete and requires no Post Office drop-off.
- Update your mailing list – Undeliverable mail is frustrating anytime of the year, but especially during the holidays. Stamps.com helps the mail get there with the Address Correction & Verification feature. Each address printed by Stamps.com is matched against the U.S. Postal Service’s address database and is re-formatted to the Postal Service’s specifications.
For more information about Holiday NetStamps and the Stamps.com service, please visit sdcmainprod.wpengine.com.
Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP) is a leading provider of Internet-based postage services. Stamps.com enables customers to print U.S. Postal Service-approved postage with just a PC, printer and Internet connection. The company targets its services to small businesses, home offices, and individuals, and currently has partnerships with companies including CompUSA, Earthlink, HP, Microsoft, NCR, Office Depot, Vendio and the U.S. Postal Service.
“Safe Harbor” Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors, including the company’s ability to complete its products and obtain regulatory approval, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, are detailed in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by Stamps.com, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2002, its subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. Stamps.com undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Stamps.com, the Stamps.com logo, NetStamps and Hidden Postage are trademarks or registered trademarks of Stamps.com Inc. All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.