Last updated: November 20, 2012
NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the U.S. federal government.
- This policy covers how Stamps.com treats personal information that Stamps.com collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Stamps.com products or services, such as the Stamps.com PC Postage service and the PhotoStamps service, as well as non-personal information collected from our Web site. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number.
Information Collection and Use
- Stamps.com collects personal information from you only when you choose to share it with us, such as when you register with Stamps.com, or when you use Stamps.com products or services. Stamps.com may also combine information we have about you with information we receive from business partners or other companies. For instance, we may offer a special promotion or service in conjunction with a business partner if your permission is provided. Our goal is to provide you, the user, with great service and products, and a customer-friendly experience using our service and on our site. This includes online shopping, interactive communications, and many other types of services.
- We collect personal information from you as follows: When you register or you order products we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, home address and other similar contact information. Stamps.com also collects postage service payment information that includes your credit card number, expiration date and billing address. In addition with the Stamps.com PC Postage service, in order to generate valid indicia, Stamps.com collects and records the following information: date and time of transaction, unique transaction ID, amount of postage used in the transaction and recipient ZIP Code. To deliver enhanced security and personalized service, we also collect and record information about your printer and we create a unique code to identify your computer to our systems. To aid in the use of our PC Postage service, we collect your print history to our servers which may include a recipient's name and address. Stamps.com also collects information from the Stamps.com Customer Support and Affiliate Sign-Up forms and such information is used for the purpose for which it was collected, such as to communicate with you regarding your order.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Stamps.com does not store this information and it is used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- Fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our services.
- Remind us of who you are on return visits in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you first visit the Stamps.com Web site.
- Estimate our audience size and measure traffic patterns regarding usage of Stamps.com's network of Web sites. Each browser accessing Stamps.com is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
- Track the number of entries in our promotions.
- Customize the advertising and content you see.
- If you are uncomfortable having a cookie placed on your system, you may elect to turn off the cookie or delete existing cookies in your browser. If you turn off or delete the Stamps.com cookie, you may not be able to receive special offers or personalized content from Stamps.com.
Information Use Sharing and Customer Choice
- Stamps.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, or under the following circumstances:
- Stamps.com may share certain information with carefully selected third parties that will allow them to mail you promotional materials about quality goods and services (including special offers and promotions) that may be of interest to you. The information shared will not include your e-mail address; your phone number; any information related to your postage, mailing activity or postage meter license; or any information related to your customers or address lists. You may contact Stamps.com at any time to request that your information not be shared with such third parties when you register with Stamps.com, or by accessing the opt-out link in any email communication from Stamps.com or by clicking here.
- Stamps.com uses credit card processors to provide services on our behalf. When you use our services, we will share your credit card and payment data as necessary for our credit card processors to provide that service. Stamps.com's credit card processors are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- We may use information provided to Stamps.com from the customer registration process to contact you if you do not complete the registration to see if you need assistance or are still interested in becoming a customer. You expressly consent that we may contact the phone number or email address provided to Stamps.com for this purpose.
- We provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Stamps.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Stamps.com communicate with you, for example, an e-mail service provider that helps Stamps.com administer e-mails or a third party calling service. These companies are acting on behalf of Stamps.com, and may not use or share this information for their own purposes.
Information collected on behalf of USPS is used for their regulatory oversight function and is not used for other purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We share information we believe is needed in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, actual fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Stamps.com's Service Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Stamps.com may, from time to time, communicate with you regarding our products and services, or those of our partners, that we feel may be of interest to you. Stamps.com may send special offers and updates, newsletters, service-related announcements and customer service emails.
- Only Stamps.com (or agents working on behalf of Stamps.com and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these communications.
- If you do not want to receive promotional information, simply notify us by opting-out of future correspondence. We will provide you clear instructions on how to opt-out in the welcome email we send you, and in any subsequent emails you may receive. In addition, you may opt-out during our registration process and from the "My Account" feature available after logging into Stamps.com.
- Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related announcements and customer service emails, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees or contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Stamps.com Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Stamps.com uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
- In the event Stamps.com materially changes the way it collects or uses personally identifiable information, we will notify users via email or by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days.
- You may review the personal information the Stamps.com has collected from you by reviewing your account information in the Stamps.com software. Stamps.com will correct or delete any inaccurate information upon your request. In addition, you may access your account information through the email links provided in promotional emails sent to you by Stamps.com or in your welcome email.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
1990 E. Grand Ave
El Segundo, CA 90245-5013
TRUSTe Privacy Program
- Stamps.com is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent, non-profit organization whose mission is to enable individuals and organizations to establish trusting relationships based on respect for personal identity and information by promoting the use of fair information practices. This privacy statement covers the site www.stamps.com. Because this Web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe.
- The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the www.stamps.com site.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Customer Care as set forth above. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe through the TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute Resolution Process (http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php). TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with the Web site to resolve your concerns.