Stamps.Com Announces PC Postage Version 7.1 with Discounted Rates and New Postage Wizard
Stamps.com Customers Save 3% on Express Mail and Up to 11% on Priority Mail
LOS ANGELES – May 7, 2008 – Stamps.com® (Nasdaq:STMP), the intelligent alternative to a postage meter, today announced the release of Version 7.1 of its PC Postage® software which will include discounts of 3% on domestic Express Mail® and up to 11% on domestic Priority Mail® versus USPS retail rates starting May 12 when the new USPS rates go into effect. Version 7.1 also introduces the new Stamps.com “Postage Wizard™,” a new simplified approach to postage online for consumers, small businesses, and enterprises. In addition, Stamps.com announced today that, as always, its software supports the new USPS postage rates for all of its customers. The new USPS rates are also currently available for the PhotoStamps® service.
“The new USPS rate discounts for Priority and Express Mail will be meaningful additional ways for many of our customers to save money with our service,” said Stamps.com president and CEO Ken McBride. “These discounts are currently available only to PC Postage customers and are not available with postage meters or with postage services that do not print address and unique piece identifiers such as those available with our service. We are also excited to launch our new Postage Wizard, which we believe will substantially improve ease-of-use for our customers, asking them simple questions in plain English and guiding them through the complex world of USPS rates and regulations.”
Stamps.com Version 7.1 supports the new discounts versus USPS retail prices and the following are the key points relevant to the discounts:
- Stamps.com customers will receive a discount of 3% for all domestic Express Mail (up to 10% for higher volume Express Mail users.)
- Stamps.com customers will receive a discount ranging between 1% to 11% for domestic Priority Mail based on package weight, package size, and package distance traveled (the average discount across all factors is 3.5%).
- The new domestic package discounts are available starting May 12 when the new USPS rates go into effect.
- In order to qualify for discounts, customers must print postage that can electronically provide the origin and destination ZIP Code, weight, postage, and unique piece identifier, as is the case with Stamps.com’s shipping label feature.
- Postage meters do not qualify for the new USPS discounts, nor does Stamps.com’s NetStamps® feature (or products in the market like NetStamps).
The new domestic Express and Priority discounts are available in addition to the 5% to 8% discounts which were already available to Stamps.com customers for international packages. Stamps.com customers will also continue to save $0.57 to $0.65 per package versus USPS retail rates on Delivery Confirmation® service, and save $0.40 per package versus USPS retail rates on Signature Confirmation® service.
Version 7.1 with the new Postage Wizard is available immediately for download at sdcmainprod.wpengine.com/download. Features of the new Stamps.com Postage Wizard include:
- Questions in plain English that guide users through the complexity of USPS rates and regulations.
- Expert recommendations based on weight and content of item.
- Support for printing postcards, envelopes, large envelopes and packages.
- Support for seven mail classes including discounted classes, and help navigating the complexity of qualifying for the discounted classes.
- Support for printing directly on envelopes, postcards, on NetStamps labels, Avery® or other standard labels, and on plain paper.
- The ability to save answers as a Stamps.com Favorite setting for later recall.
About Stamps.com and PhotoStamps
Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP) is a leading provider of Internet-based postage services. Stamps.com’s PC Postage service enables small businesses, enterprises, and consumers to print U.S. Postal Service-approved postage with just a PC, printer and Internet connection, right from their home or office. The Company targets its services to small businesses and home offices, and currently has PC Postage partnerships with Microsoft, EarthLink, HP, NCR, Office Depot, the U.S. Postal Service and others.
PhotoStamps is a patented Stamps.com product that couples the technology of PC Postage with the simplicity of a web-based image upload and order process. PhotoStamps is currently available under authorization of the U.S. Postal Service for its fourth phase market test with an authorization through May 16, 2008. Customers may create full custom PhotoStamps with their own digital photograph, or they may choose a licensed image from one of many PhotoStamps collections such as NFL®, Collegiate, and now the limited edition American Idol® collection. Since launching PhotoStamps in May 2005, more than 57 million individual PhotoStamps have been shipped to customers. Stamps.com currently has PhotoStamps partnerships with Apple, Google/Picassa, HP/Snapfish, Adobe, and others.
“Safe Harbor” Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This release includes forward-looking statements about our anticipated results and our PhotoStamps spend that involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors, including the Company’s ability to complete and ship its products, maintain desirable economics for its products and obtain or maintain regulatory approval, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, are detailed in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by STAMPS.COM, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2007, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Current Reports on Form 8-K. STAMPS.COM undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Stamps.com, the Stamps.com logo and PhotoStamps are trademarks or registered trademarks of Stamps.com Inc. All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.
Stamps.com Investor Contact:
Stamps.com Investor Relations
Brew Media Relations